Morris County OEM is closely monitoring Hurricane Irene as it approaches the East Coast. While the forecast remains uncertain, there is a possibility Morris County may experience hurricane or tropical storm conditions this weekend. OEM urges Morris County residents to take steps to prepare for heavy rain, storm surge, and strong winds.
All residents and businesses are strongly encouraged to check their preparedness kits, review their family emergency plans and remain informed.
- Make sure that your emergency equipment, such as shutters and battery-powered radios, are in good working order.
- Ensure that you have enough emergency supplies, such as non-perishable food and water, for each person in your home to last for at least three days.
- Obtain and store materials necessary to properly secure your home.
- Secure yard and construction debris so that they do not pose a hazard during a storm.
- Take any tree trimmings to a local trash & recycling center at this time.
- Morris County OEM
- NOAA Watch
- Ready.gov – Hurricanes